GRANT FROM DIGICEL JAMAICA FOUNDATION FOR WASTE MANAGEMENT
The Negril Chamber of Commerce was pleased to receive a JMD $1,300,000 grant from the Digicel Jamaica Foundation. The funds were used to redevelop and extend the Negril Recycling Centre’s operations. For more information, visit our recycling page!
Collaboration with UWI Mona School of Business & Management
During 2019-2020, six groups of MBA students conducted extensive research projects aimed at addressing unique business problems in Negril. The Negril Chamber of Commerce was excited to be part of UWI's inaugural initiative and learning experience.
Develop Marketing Plan
- Assess strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) in terms of recycling for both Negril hotels / businesses and local Negril community
- Initiate a Balanced Scorecard framework to determine how Negril Recycling Centre can better articulate its marketing strategy and increase participation
- Develop a Marketing Plan for Negril Recycling Centre
Develop Business Plan
- Assess strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) – comparing selling of fruits / vegetables
- Outline potential mitigating factors and viable options for small business enterprises (SME) operating in Negril Fruit and Vegetable Market
Viability & Sustainability
- Assess strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) within Negril Green Island Area Local Planning Authority (NGIALPA)
- Develop operational, management and business-development goals for Negril Craft Market
- Outline potential mitigating actions and viable options for small business enterprises (SME) toward developing an Artisan Village
Municipality / Town Center
In August 2018, the NCC initiated preliminary discussions with the Hon. Desmond McKenzie, Minister of Local Government & Community Development regarding Negril becoming its own municipality (or town center) in order to have greater scope and autonomy in the management of its local affairs.
Since its inception, the Chamber has taken a leading role in the protection and preservation of the Negril environment using multi-faceted approaches. Below are the audited Financial Statements:
- NCC Financial Statement 2019
- NCC Financial Statement 2018
- NCC Financial Statement 2017
- NCC Vendors Financial Statement 2017
The Negril Chamber of Commerce was established in 1983 as a broad based community organization working for the sustainable development of Negril - such as the 2015 Negril and Green Island Development Order.
Its membership includes a wide range of hotels, businesses, associations and individuals who are concerned about the social and physical environment of Negril. Join us by filling out the online membership application form!
New Negril Health Clinic
Negril needs a functional, up-to-date clinic which is capable of delivering first-class medical care to all its residents and thousands of tourists. To achieve this, we cannot rely on the government alone - this calls for a united effort by the private and public sector, which includes all of us - business and individuals, large and small.